I am new to this group and I find a lot of good useful talk/advise in this group.
I am happy to be a part of this.
I have a problem:
1. I have a Windows 2000 installation.
2. I took a back up image of this Windows 2000 installation with Acronis.
3. On another computer, I deployed this image with the help of Acronis and when I tried to boot to this Windows 2000, it worked just fine, as it did with the original installation.
4. Now, I wanted to do the same on a virtual machine (VMWare).
5. Everything went well when I deployed the image in VMWare, except that when I tried to boot to this operating system (Win 2k), at the Login screen, I put the username (Administrator) and password, it acted as if it is booting up, then in few seconds it came back to the login screen again. It would not let me in after this login screen.
6. I also tried logging in with a user name that I had created without password, with administrator privileges, but it acts the same way.
Can you experts please guide me on how to fix this problem?