Im looking for a installer program

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
Im not a programmer. But I am a wannabe tech. I was wondering is there a program that I can get that will take several smaller programs and make a installation disk out of them.

For example...

A person puts in the disk, a cool logo comes up with information and the next button which will give the user options to install the several 5 smaller programs.

Sort of a editable install and burn to a disk type program.

Anyone know?

I understand what you want but you will need a programmer
to set it up they way you are describing most Admin's have used
WinInstall LE and a clean box with Windows installed to make an
MSI package and deploy it through GPO's.

Basically you will need a computer with the a fresh and clean
install of the OS you intend to take a snapshot of. This computer should be of the same specs as the other computers you intend to install the software on including the amount of security updates from v4.windowsupdate.microsft.com What the
program does is look at the registry and other settings before
you install the software and then checks the settings again after the install and adds that to a package that has it's builtin installer.

Microsoft included WinInstall LE as a third party utility in Windows 2000 server and this is the companies Windows 2003 server version of a similar installer.
http://www.ondemandsoftware.com/FREELE2003/

Good Luck.

Well What I've tried is Wise Installer 8.14 & than there's those freeware installers like Inno Setup ( http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ) and there's this really easy to use installer....what's it called....oh I forgot. There's tons out there a google search should find you some that fit your requirements.

Oh I just remembered it's called Click Team installer. do a search for that. it's very customizablea and easy to use interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom