I'm having some problems with BSOD in XP PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Last week and up to last thursday morning my computer has had some BSOD errors and now they are starting to become very frequent.
I checked what microsoft had to say about the system error crash and the website pointed out it could be either hardware or software drivers making it crash.
I just took out a faulty TV tunercard yesterday and reinstalled XP pro.
Everything was working fine for about 6 hours after I installed the chipset drivers for the mobo, sound card drivers and video drivers.
When I installed NOD32, zonealarm 8. system mechanic 8, open office and Paint shop pro 9
I rebooted the pc after 25 minutes after the pc booted into xp I got a blue screen of death.
I checked the event viewer in XP and it said every 2 to 4 hours there is a error service control manager.

Is their anyway I can isolate the problem and fix it ? I don't have very much installed on my pc, so something is making xp nuttin up and crashing.

You have to give us the BSOD codes in order for us to help. Maybe a minidump would help as well.

There's a few things you try in the meantime. First run the disk check utilty to see if you are now seeing anu bad sectors on the hard drive itself where Windows is installed. The memory stress tester memtest would need to be run for several hours in order to fully test the memory installed for any faults there.

The two tools there are for determining if these are software or hardware related. The information displayed on the BSOD as Mak213 already pointed out would be needed for seeing if this is hardware or software related like a device driver where the name of the driver itself is often displayed.

Then you may have simply seen a bad reinstall of Windows itself now giving you a list of headaches to figure out. That happens on occasions like it did here recently.

Ok I have just attached a zip file containing the memory dump mak213 requested.
I have further looked at the event viewer and it says with the service control manager errors is that NOD32 3.1 is having problems booting up and staying active.
Could that be the main problem ? if it is I'll just go back to using NOD32 2.7 atleast the **** thing never caused any problems. -_-

Attachments

• MMXP minidump file.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
I just got back upstairs to my room apparently I got another BSOD but I didn't see it.
Here is what XP pro greeted me with.

theproblemmx8.png

Some component may have been knocked out somehow or never went on and configured fully if you just lately saw the last service pack go on.

Did you click either of the two links on the popup to see what that showed? Sometimes the second when reporting will bring you to an MS page showing what it is and how to correct it. I've run into that a few times.

That looks like a bug code where something tried to access an invalid memory address. Take a look in the event viewer there as well to see what processes were running at the time.

Well when I got back upstairs in my room after talking to mom and making a few phone calls it was 12:15am on monday morning.

Between 10:15 and 12:23, gusvc executed at 10:00pm and then after that security center loaded up and thats when I found that error message.
So far I haven't had any BSOD, but I know it's gonna happen again real soon.
If I can get any more information I'll give it to mak or when of you guys that replied in this thread.

Thanks for your help.

MadMikeXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom