I'm guilty about Kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guy wasnt asking about morals he was asking the legality of using a piece of software... so i would say he is within the boundaries of the operating system and software forum!

But we all know it all boils down to the moral issue here. Legal or not. so it is software related, my bad

bug-eyed.gif

I used to have Kazaa but removed it because it just takes up space with its ads etc. From what I know sharing of files on the internet is illegal but ive yet to see any evidence of them enforcing these laws. I think there is a tool in Kazaa which lets you choose whether you want to share files or not. I think its legal if you choose not to. I just buy my music.

I use kazaa lite which doesnt have any ads and i dont get any songs with screeches in them because i dont listen to popular music. I listen to mainly hardcore and metal and dont have any trouble getting songs, which is good because kazaa is the only means i have for finding the bands music that i listen to. The second you try and download stuff like jay-z and britney spears is when you will get corrupted files that have been messed with. If I hear the band and like them I buy the cd, if not i just delete the files from my computer. If it wasnt for kazaa and other p2p programs i would have spent a lot less money on cds and would not have found near the amount of music that i have in the past few years. So the people that say file sharing is bad for the music industry are referring to the people who dont support the music they listen to because when used correctly it will benefit the music industry in a positive way. So, quit stealing so you dont ruin it for all of us. :)

And, it all depends what you are actually downloading. If the thing you are downloading is indeed intended for free duplication then of cause, that is legal. If the content is copyrighted then, in the uk at least, that is considered illigal and you can get sued for one heck of a lot of money.

Watch it!

anyway i finally decided not to download copyright materials from p2ps bcoz it had given me a real headache lately.

in addition to that our government here in the Philippines is definitely and strictly against copyright material piracy. i just wonder why they call it piracy not just stealing so every1 can understand it.

blahh... tnx to all of you for helping me decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom