I'm getting blue screens =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
I had a topic about this earlier but I was too busy with school work to deal with it. That was around fall of last year :O

Well I've been getting blue screens ever since I built this PC. On the Newegg reviews for my wireless network card it said that it could be the cause of the bluescreens. Is there a way to like verify that this is the problem so I don't waste money on a new wireless card?

My memory was fine the last time I ran memtest.

What are the blue screen codes? We need the Stop Error code which will look like this:

Stop 0X000000ZZ where the ZZ is a alpha numeric combination.

There a couple of lines down we will need the words in all CAPS. It will say something like IRQL Not less or equal or whatever pertains to your error.

If you have to turn of auto restart on system failure.

Start>Right click on Computer>Propertier>Advanced Tab. Under the Startup and Recovery section>Settings. Then uncheck the Auto restart on system failure box.

What are the blue screen codes? We need the Stop Error code which will look like this:

Stop 0X000000ZZ where the ZZ is a alpha numeric combination.

There a couple of lines down we will need the words in all CAPS. It will say something like IRQL Not less or equal or whatever pertains to your error.

If you have to turn of auto restart on system failure.

Start>Right click on Computer>Propertier>Advanced Tab. Under the Startup and Recovery section>Settings. Then uncheck the Auto restart on system failure box.

Will do.

Take out the card and try to boot up

I would but my crashes usually happen when I'm doing something on the internet because I don't do much on the computer that isn't on the internet. And wifi is the only way I can get internet because my router is downstairs and my computer is upstairs. I need to buy a wireless bridge for my Xbox 360 so I might buy a 2nd one for this computer to plug into.

I think most of the time it is IRQL not less or equal, but but this time I got something different. It looked like there was more text up above but I couldn't scroll to see it.

It said run driver verifier, to see a corrupt driver, and if that doesn't work enable special pool.

STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x41677641, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054A168)

Memtest86 - Download Page

Get MemTest86 and burn it to CD. Run it for 4 hours and report back. This is a RAM related issue. Along with the IRQL not loess error. They are both related to RAM.

:( it was so long ago since I bought this computer so I'm assuming Newegg won't RMA it. Could I do something through the manufacturer (G.Skill)?

I'm burning memtest to a CD-RW right now.

Most likely not. Most RAM Warranties only go for about a year or so. If that. You could contact them but i highly doubt you would get anywhere. How long ago did you get it?

From G.SKill's website:

G.SKILL's memory modules all carry a lifetime warranty. That means G.Skill products are guaranteed to operate, as specified by their datasheet, and in the operating environment for which they were intended, for the life of the product or the extent of the warranty

Most RAM I've seen has a lifetime warranty rather than a 1-year.

That is good RAM though. :p

Not the cheap stuff. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom