I'm an Excel noob, can I make it do the following somehow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can shift up as long as only the correct pair is shifting. For example, Column A/B is independent of Column D/E.

If Column A/B shifts up, Column D/E should NOT.

I've been doing Right Click --> Delete --> Shift Cells Up

Eventually all that should be left is red, a little bit of black, and mostly blues.

So it will end up something like:

Red
Black
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Black
Black
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Black
Black
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Black
Red
Black
Blue
Blue
Black
Black
Blue
Blue

etc...

ok so looking at ur pic columns m&n are independent from column p&q..... it seems like selecting all of the cells you want to delete and then move them up will work

If it helps, I can change the colors of the black cells that I don't want to be deleted to another color, Purple.

Then can we do a command that can do:

Right click Delete --> Shift Cells Up --> Ok

for ANY and every black text cell?

there isnt any command that will automatically delete all the black cells.... the find and replace function could blank out the cells but you would have to delete them to make it look nice.... the only way that would decrease the number of clicks you use would be to press and hold the ctrl button and click on the cells you want out (or you can click and drag on multiple cells in a column) and then right click > delete > shifts cells up > ok.... then again i am not a expert on microsoft office so someone might know of a way to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom