Im BACK with the SAME PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instantazn

Solid State Member
Ok, so a while back, I had a problem where my computer went so slow and freezed up like ****. I found out that it was the svchost.exe which took up 100% of my CPU!!! I "Ended The Process Tree" and my computer was running back in good shape. I ended it about 10 times every startup and it finall went away, I also searched it and deleted the svchost.exe that weren't is system32 folders and system. Unfortunately it's back and even worse....

Now when I log in it takes about 8 minutes to load everything, then I surf for a bit and it slows everything for about 6 minutes. Then I check crtl+alt+del and once again its svchost.exe with 100% CPU Usage again. Now, i've been ending the process tree a million times and searching for fake copies. But when I end the process tree, I have no sound and cant do anything with my soundcard. I reboot and ****, but everytime I end the svchost.exe it just ****s up my sound... I want to get this ***** fixed up cause im getting real aggravated! Any tips anyone on how I can change this **** svchost.exe and make it a good boy or replace it with a new one?

Scan for viri in Safe Mode. IT definately sounds like you have a virus.

I hope that is not the case. But anyway can you give me some instructions on how to do that? I don't have a viruse scanner, the only thing I have is Windows Defender.

Alright I also found out that MsMpEng.exe uses 100% of my CPU also sometimes, and iexlplore.exe and explorer.exe both take about a crucial 1/4 of my CPU each at a time. So i'm pretty muched screwed on what I try to do. Any more suggestions guys?

You talking about cleanly installing windows XP newly again? LOL! That would be all my information gone and backing all that up would be near to impossible... is there a way to reinstall without losing information?

yes perform a repair install.

1) insert your Windows CD

2) restart your computer > boot from the cd

3) when you get to the setup screen you should have 3 options. Install, Repair, Quit.

3) choose Install > setup will then search for any existing installations.

4) then choose install.

if you get everything repaired....go get comodo's anti-v beta...and also use their firewall.

that's good free stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom