Iirsp.sys ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashAbbott

In Runtime
During an install of Win XP 64 bit, I ran into this error continually.

I know that it has something to do with the RAID, however, even hitting F6 and loading the drivers for my SATA drive, it will NOT progress past this error??

First, I would like to know what causes this error to come up? and second, How to get around it??

I have an Intel core to duo processor, 250gb SATA, and a gig of ram..

Any insights on what the ERROR is??

Machine specs are all suited to sustain 64bit OS...

Help?

detail of your motherboard and RAID hardware please. Also exactly what version drivers you're loading for the RAID and what is the exact error message you get.

Thanks MrCoffee,

Asus P5l-Mx board

On-board RAID - Sata Drives

Win XP 64 bit install

Raid drivers from ASUS tried both RAID and AHIC(?)

Install proceeds then stops on Blue install screen

corrupt or missing files IIRSP.SYS setup will not continue hit F3

(very very close to message)

Any insight would be great. This is a legit corporate ver of XP tried two discs = same error

Cheers M8

CrashAbbott said:

Asus P5l-Mx board

On-board RAID - Sata Drives

Are you sure this is your exact mobo model? according to the manual i've found it doesn't have RAID on board.

I just regged here to check on updates for this matter, as far as I know this only seems to happen on ASUS mobo's with Raid onboard.

I just tried installing Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 on my pc, but i had exactly the same error as the one above.. and then google brought me here..

my pc stats are:

cpu: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 2.41Ghz
mobo: ASUS A8n32-SLI
memory: 1gb
hd: 2x 300gb s-ata

i hope there is a workaround for this otherwise i'm stuck with shitty 32bit forever :(

Greetings from Holland :)

i have it sort of fixed...

the first windows i had tried to install where i got that error with was: Windows XP Pro x64 SP2

Now I tried with Windows XP Pro x64 (sp0? :p) and it works !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom