If XP is pre-installed on a machine...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
does that mean that i cant do a full wipe of my system and start from fresh?
All i got with my system is restore cd's, no windows xp disc.

I dont actually need to do this but i just wondered incase i need to do it in the future;)

Your System restore CD-ROM's contian Windows XP, pre actavated on them. If you do not wish to reinstall XP with your Computer Manufactures CD-ROMS, you may use any other Windows XP Cd. (Your Computer Manufactures CD contians multable useless applications)

Ahh right so what your saying is yes i can, but it will install a few things that might be useless to me? that doesnt matter as i can soon un-install them cant i

Alot of emachines actually have a repair partition and the recovery cd's are only boot cd's that alow you to access and repair from the repair partition. A sure way to tell is to look in my computer and see if you have a fat32 partition that is about 10gb's that isn't accessable.

Im not sure how to check that but on the actual back up cds it says:

"These cds give complete backup of the software that was pre-installed on the pc at the factory. Should the software ever need to be re-installed, the restore cd will copy the necessary files onto the hard drive"

Yes that just means that they will return your PC to the Condition your computer was in when ou first bought it. Emachines is known for its NagWare LOL But they are alright computers for their price.

Yes these CD-ROMS will

what i would do is take the i386 directory and make an xp cd out of it and slip sp2 in there if its not already in there

Warez Monster said:
what i would do is take the i386 directory and make an xp cd out of it and slip sp2 in there if its not already in there
But how do you make that CD boot?

Do you have to make a DOS Disk and copy the files manually?
I hate the Emachines Nag Ware (I dont have an Emachines PC)
But can I take the C:\I386 directory and make an XP CD out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom