If I were to buy windows 7 off ebay. Is that dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Org

In Runtime
I have vista 64 Home Premium and I'm going be upgradeing to windows 7 64 Home Premium. If I buy it off ebay is there a chance the key will be fake/stop working after awhile?

Retail $119.99
Ebays $55-70

Ofcoures I'm going buy off an established seller.

I noticed some say HP/GATEWAY/ect can I use those keys on a windows 7 download/trail from Microsoft?

-Thanks.

I wouldn't go that route either way, I have been screwed over by a seller selling fake or bootleg copys of windows 7 keys.
Now he is officialy been permabanned by ebay.com and to any other future windows product key sellers without the packaging and it being brand new.
Have a look at microsoft's official windows 7 page for features requirements through them or any other authorized dealer.

Just stay away from ebay looking for windows 7, I can guarantee you will not be happy....

I got XP Home off there years ago, but these days, you can't trust them. I'd rather go with Amazon, and buy it straight from them.

NEVER BUY FROM FLEABAY!!!!!

Simple as that. When it comes to your OS, dont do it. It would be like buying life insurance from the guy on the street corner that hasnt bathed in years.

It is the best one that comes to mind. Simple fact is that eBay doesnt force anyone to authorize or have proof that the OS being sold is fully legit and will activate. Nor do they have you show proof that the serial is not in use on another PC, will not be sold again and so on.

So your chances of getting a 100% fully legit copy that is not in use on another PC even from a "reputable" seller is not worth the savings. Cause in the end, eBay will do nothing, Microsoft will do nothing and you will not only be out the money you spent on the OS, but have to fork out more to get a legit version.

So pay 1.5 times the amount or just pay the full amount. Your choice.

It is the best one that comes to mind. Simple fact is that eBay doesnt force anyone to authorize or have proof that the OS being sold is fully legit and will activate. Nor do they have you show proof that the serial is not in use on another PC, will not be sold again and so on.

So your chances of getting a 100% fully legit copy that is not in use on another PC even from a "reputable" seller is not worth the savings. Cause in the end, eBay will do nothing, Microsoft will do nothing and you will not only be out the money you spent on the OS, but have to fork out more to get a legit version.

So pay 1.5 times the amount or just pay the full amount. Your choice.

I think he might understand to stay away from ebay.com to buy MS products from there.
Mak, go fry some steak and drink some wine and let us take it from here... ;)

Org I just looked at your signature and so far you have a pretty good setup.
If you can afford that and you have a legit full copy of windows vista 64.

Either look at microsoft.com here:Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - Buy and download from Microsoft Store

Or try amazon and see if you can get your hands on a upgrade disc of windows 7 home premium.
Microsoft Windows 7

I know 117.00 maybe a bit much, but **** if you can afford it within the next few weeks start saving up the cash to buy it.
It will save you headaches from activating, you won't be cheated out of your money, and mostly windows 7 will surprise with what it can do.

I can almost say I don't miss xp because 7 is pretty good and stable, but I do miss some of xp's very positives sides of flexibilty with programs and such.

If he knew to stay away from eBay for Microsoft products, we wouldnt have this topic. ;)

I didn't even need to read the rest of this thread, the title says it all.

Yes it would be stupid to purchase license keys off ebay. Simple and only answer is yes, end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom