If I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i couldnt be of more service to the imaging and that. It has just been some time since i used that software.

I believe you have to boot off of the disk, if I remember right from doing it last time. Boot off of the disk, and then clone your drive(s) to the new drive.

I would try Eric's option. The Ghost doesnt look like it has that option under advanced. IT should be under the home tab or something. Maybe tasks??

with pm select the copy partition option and follow the simple directions

Thanks, hadn't tried that:
I did not think that through.

It copied my 100 gig partition to a new 100 gig partion on my 250 gig drive. Is there any way or program that will allow me to use the whole drive?

I would try Eric's option. The Ghost doesnt look like it has that option under advanced. IT should be under the home tab or something. Maybe tasks??

In my last post, I had found the 'copy hard drive' option. I had selected the source and destination. I just need to know which options will give me a bootable partition.

Should be Set Drive as Active. That will be needed to make it bootable.

You might want to do the Copy MBR as well. But other than that they are just preferences. Like the Bad Sector and the check for bad system files. That can be done but is not necessary.

Well crap:

Code:
-Error EC8F17B3: Cannot complete copying of System (D:\) drive.
--Cannot copy source drive to destination location.
---Error E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume \\?\Volume{e6e1c579-01b3-11dd-b185-806d6172696f}\ because it contains the OS or has an active paging file.
---Cannot copy source drive to destination location.
----Error E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume \\?\Volume{e6e1c579-01b3-11dd-b185-806d6172696f}\ because it contains the OS or has an active paging file.

Is there anyway around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom