if computer never shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
it means you must have so much running that the computer is talking way too long to shut down. Try disabling a few programs or upgrade your PC.

I would definitely Scan you puter for spyware. Sounds to me like you have a spyware/malware program running in the back gournd. Bye the way. you can always shut down the puter by unpluging it or turning off the PSU via the PSU on/off switch. :) but leaving it on is no problem...just make sure the monitor is protected wiht screen saver or monitor hybernation!!!

I think he's just asking if its okay to leave it on all times. At least, thats what I think he's asking. In short, yes it's fine to leave it on. Do an occasional reboot to clear memory. I leave mine on at all times.

I havent turned mine off for about 3 months now..I always leave my PC for long amounts of time with no issues. The only reason I ever reboot is if I installed something that requires it.

Win2kpatcher said:
I havent turned mine off for about 3 months now..I always leave my PC for long amounts of time with no issues. The only reason I ever reboot is if I installed something that requires it.

Your computer may have problems restarting when it has been left un booted for long periods of time. One common problem is that the Master boot record cannot be found or becomes currupted after long periods of being off.

Its uncommon But it can happen.

err..I meant I always leave it on for long periods of time not off..sorry about that. Usually months at a time...luckily the games I have been installing dont require a reboot so I havent had to shut it off.

sorry for not make myself clear..
what i mean is my computer is not infected with any virus or spyware, but i dont want to shut down my computer and doing task.

will it damage my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom