iexplore.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashburg

Solid State Member
Hey...does anyone on here know how to debug a computer with the iexplore.exe problem? What happens is I click on the blue "e" (IE) icon and nothing happens. I sometimes have to click it 3-4 times before the IE browser comes up. Then, I look in the task manager (using windows XP) and there are loads of instances of "iexplore.exe" running in the background.

I really need a piece of software like adaware that will fix this...trying to avoid a techie solution which is all I can find on the web.

Many thanks,
ash

Your best bet is is to find and download Adaware, and spybot shearch and destroy. This will clear your system of the problem.

hmm...well, Ive done all that and then some (listed below), to no avail:

adaware
spybot
xoftspy
trojanhunter
registry mechanic

The problem goes deeper than that...please advise :D

thanks,
ash

vader...I ran hijackthis...all it gives me is a loooong report. So what do I do, look for iexplore.exe in that report, check it, and "fix" it?

iexplore.exe, I don't think I want to delete do I? Isnt it critical to running IE?

many thanks,
ash

ashburg said:
vader...I ran hijackthis...all it gives me is a loooong report. So what do I do, look for iexplore.exe in that report, check it, and "fix" it?

iexplore.exe, I don't think I want to delete do I? Isnt it critical to running IE?

many thanks,
ash

There are some experts here that can help you. ( ie MicroBell) You need to copy and paste the entire hiijack this log here in the forum. It should be posted in the spyware section. Or post it here and I will try to help as best possible, but I am no expert.

Heres an example:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=73593

Also, and I dont know why I didnt mention this before, but; Myself and most other keen PC users dont use IE cause it has a lot of issues esp with spyware etc...I use Mozilla Firefox and it keeps my system super clean.

ashburg said:

many thanks,
ash

iexplore.exe is IE. try IE 7

On win98 you can go into 'add/remove programs- click on IE, then on 'add remove' & you get a repair option. I was doing that every week or so myself. Depends on your operating system.
Make sure you use a firewall on the internet- Zone Alarm works for me.

ag100

Another thing that I have happening, and this may be related, is when I'm previewing an email message in Outlook (2003), I click on any given link within the message within the preview screen and it waits and waits and finally opens up a window to explore the computer (files on the computer) - not a browser window. I'll X that out and click any given link within the message again and it usually opens in the browser window as its supposed to do.

Could this be related?

I'm deleting IE 6 now and will follow up with a hijackthis report.

Thanks a million y'all,
ash

Re: Re: iexplore.exe problem

EricB said:
iexplore.exe is IE. try IE 7
Is IE version 7 even available yet?? If so i'd love toknow where to download it from ... i just tried to update my version that i am running "version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.0503011519" .... and was told that there are no newer versions available for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom