IE9 just installed, Win 7 OS, now can't download apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwoman911

Solid State Member
Hello All,

I recently downloaded and installed IE 9 on my Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit computer. As the computer Admin, I am now not able to download any apps when using IE 9. I can, however, on Firefox.

I went to Internet Options>>Advanced.. looked under Security and made sure "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" was unchecked. It was not checked. I closed IE, went to the desk top, right clicked on IE, and clicked on "Run as Administrator". I am now able to download a application such as Malwarebytes or Adobe. But, this is not acceptable. There are times when I am can not be the Admin on IE, like when I click on a link that is in my email.

I also went to my UAC settings. I have them set at the default level

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I never had this problem with IE 8. Thank you!

I have a feeling it is just a bad setting that has come across from IE 8 and no worked so hopefully a reset of the browser should fix it

Try some of the following

Open Internet Explorer
Go to Tools>Internet Options
Then go to the Advanced tab
And click Reset

or

Open Internet Explorer
Go to Tools>Internet Options
Then go to the Security tab
And untick Protected Mode

or

Due to IE being classed as a system file you can't set this to always run as administrator, so you may have to give your account full control over the application
I can't remember if you can do this on the home version or not, so be aware that these options might not be present on your version of windows

Locate iexplore.exe
Right click on this and go to Properties
Then go to the Security tab
Select your username and click on Edit
Then set your account to have Full Control

I tried the 2nd option, Frosty, and no go..

I then tried the last option. All of the options to edit permissions are grayed out. I am unable to change any of those. I even went to the "Administrator" account to try, same thing.

I should also mention that my computer has 2 Program Files folders. This install of Win 7, is an upgrade from Vista. Maybe that is the problem?

For kicks, I tried to create a new account, make it an Admin account, and see if maybe it was my Admin account that was the issue. Well, my computer won't even let me do that anymore; I get a User Profile Service can not be loaded, therefore, not being able to create a new account! Can I just throw my computer out the window now? UGH.. lol

Yes, I did reinstall IE 9. I wanted to revert back to IE8, but it told me that my OS wasn't supported...so I reinstalled 9.

Thank you all of you who are trying to help.. I am really frustrated :(

I would like to use IE.. if it's possible to get this problem resolved. Thanks again for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom