IE7 Printing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusIonX

Baseband Member
Users are trying to print a web page that is expanded longer then normal margins .

when printing, the right edge is cut off, even if 'stretch to fit' is selected.

A few quick notes: In FireFox we do not have this issue, it shrinks to fit perfect on a single page.
and it looks like IE8 may have a fix, but our users mostly only know and use IE7, IE8 gives us issues so we have not adapted everyone to IE8.

I'm trying to print the whole thing on one page from IE7. Like I can from Firefox.

Let me know if I need to make my self clearer.

Thank you

Sorry but there isnt going to be an easy fix for this. You said it yourself, IE8 has the fix. There isnt a way to force 1 aspect of a newer version of IE to an older version. If the 'stretch to fit' doesnt work then you dont have many choices. It will be to either a.) update to IE8 or b.) use firefox.

Not sure of the purpose of the printout, but you could just take a screen shot of the IE7 window and size it up how you want in word / paint.

My company does not want to use Firefox company wide...yet.
I'm going to talk to the developers to see if they can change something on our intranet pages.

Not sure of the purpose of the printout, but you could just take a screen shot of the IE7 window and size it up how you want in word / paint.

thank you, that is good advice for a work around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom