IE7 causes CPU to go to 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteblazer01

Baseband Member
I have upgraded to IE7, and everytime I use it, I noticed my CPU is working at 100%. If I click out of it (i.e. click on another window, or click on the start menu), it goes down to 0.

What is the problem? If you need more info, let me know. I don't know what to list.

Need you machine specs of course...

PLUS a few questions answered

What OS?
Are you fully updated?
Does this only happen with IE7? (does it ever spike on anything else)

How many tabs do you have open at the time of CPU Spike? Having Multiple tabs in any Browser will cause a spike. Even firefox. :p

Other than that is your PC fully updated? If not how did you install IE7? IT must have been without WGA which means that someone could have done something wrong with the conversion.

Okay, now its not spiking. I didn't do anything.

I noticed when I am in a text box, the cursor flashes very rapidly (I didn't change the control panel settings), and the CPU spikes.

regarding the number of tabs, I don't usually have more than 1 or 2 open.

I installed IE7 from the M$ website. I try and keep my windows up to date.

Now it is spiking again, and the memory is at 189,432 K. I only have 2 windows open - this thread, and I am browsing on ebay.

You may want to scan your machine for any kind of malware...

Or just uninstall the malware magnet called IE...

The spiking could be many, many things.

If you want to test the issue, you can uninstall IE7 and see if your machine spikes with either IE v6 or FF

I also should add (maybe it has something to do with it), every once in a while, my mouse stutters a lot. It gets very slow, but nothing shows out of the ordinary in the task manager (now cpu/mem spike).

Well i can say that it is also known that if you are on a site that depends heacily on Flash or Shockwave applicaiton that your usage will spike as well. You said it spiked again when you were on here and eBay. No matter what browser you use eBay makes it spike if you have it open with multiple tabs. Cause eBay relies so heavily on GFX that it causes more usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom