IE7 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Does anybody know how to uninstall this program? I did a XP Pro repair install and this stayed on, now it is conflicting with IE6 and I cant uninstall either. IE7 is not show in the add/remove programs.

Thank you.

start->control panel->add remove programs->at the top check "show updates" radio box->scroll down in the list->you will see IE7 listed, uninstall that, restart and you are on IE6

Hello Warez,

IE7 is not listed after I check Show Updates. Was on the phone with Microsoft, they are not sure why it is not listed either. They told me to reinstall XP Pro SP2 even though my XP Pro disk is already SP2.

What else should I try?

Thank you.

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta " does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet1$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled. %windir% is your Windows installation directory, which is normally 'C:\Windows' on most systems.

Thanks Warez, when I ran %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet1$\spuninst\spuninst.exe, said the location was not avail or moved to a different location. View hidden files is turned on.

I looked at the weblog link you sent me...but sorta confused.

Warez,

Kinda new to registry editting...when I double-clicked ie7fix.reg, error msg said it was not a registry script, and that I could only import binary registry files to the registry.

What am I doing wrong? I read the weblog, but I thought I did everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom