Ie7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default Ie7

Does anyone know when IE7 is going to be an update through WSUS?

Thanks
H
__________________

hrowinski is offline  
Old 11-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera
 
TheMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,177
Default

Yesterday (Tuesday).
__________________

__________________
TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
TheMajor is offline  
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

Thanks which classification was IE7? I have just added service packs to wsus
hrowinski is offline  
Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Law
Wizard Techie
 
Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the data closet
Posts: 4,200
Default

It's critical I think, so you'll get it with automatic update.
__________________

Law is offline  
Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera
 
TheMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,177
Default

It may take some time before you get it. Maybe a couple of weeks. I read something like that.
__________________
TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
TheMajor is offline  
Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 112
Default

It was included in automatic updates. Our WSUS server automatically prompted our users for install. In fact Microsoft offers a free tool to prevent WSUS from deploying IE7. For us, we decided to let it install, so we didn't apply the block, IE7 just came through on the last update and we acknowledged it.
__________________
Joe
<a href=\"http://www.technogab.com\">Technogab Podcast</a>
<a href=\"http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=196334747\">Subscribe via Itunes</a>
<a href=\"http://feeds.feedburner.com/technogab/feed\"><img src=\"http://feeds.feedburner.com/technogab/feed.gif\" style=\"border:0\" alt=\"TechnoGab Podcast\"/></a>
technogab is offline  
Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

Thanks I saw it appear through the update rollups classification
hrowinski is offline  
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera
 
TheMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,177
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by technogab
It was included in automatic updates. Our WSUS server automatically prompted our users for install. In fact Microsoft offers a free tool to prevent WSUS from deploying IE7. For us, we decided to let it install, so we didn't apply the block, IE7 just came through on the last update and we acknowledged it.
What's the point of the blocking tool? You can select which updates to install in the update manager in Windows. Unless you have it on automatic.
__________________
TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
TheMajor is offline  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMajor
What's the point of the blocking tool? You can select which updates to install in the update manager in Windows. Unless you have it on automatic.
Yes you are correct. But some people may have their PC's set to automatic, and may not be part of a Policy, or even have their updates going through WSUS (like in small orginations). So the you don't want IE7 installed on peoples PC's, you run the block tool on those PC's. This way, they can still get all their other automatic updates, but wont get IE7.
__________________
Joe
<a href=\"http://www.technogab.com\">Technogab Podcast</a>
<a href=\"http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=196334747\">Subscribe via Itunes</a>
<a href=\"http://feeds.feedburner.com/technogab/feed\"><img src=\"http://feeds.feedburner.com/technogab/feed.gif\" style=\"border:0\" alt=\"TechnoGab Podcast\"/></a>
technogab is offline  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera
 
TheMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,177
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by technogab
Yes you are correct. But some people may have their PC's set to automatic, and may not be part of a Policy, or even have their updates going through WSUS (like in small orginations). So the you don't want IE7 installed on peoples PC's, you run the block tool on those PC's. This way, they can still get all their other automatic updates, but wont get IE7.
Ok, that's cool. I can't install it cause I don't have SP2. I could run IE7 if I extract it manually, but I don't feel like using IE7 anyways. I barely use IE6.
__________________

__________________
TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
TheMajor is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.