IE6 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

scj6771

Baseband Member
Quick question, has there been any updated info on the repair and re-install procedures of IE6? I have a fellow co-worker who would like to re-install IE6 and I could only point him here and possibly here. He is running Win XP SP 2. Thanks as usual.

I looked at those links really quickly. I did not see this, you can also go to add remove progs in control panel, on the left is add remove windows components. I think if you click on that then uncheck ie6 , then ok it will uninstall ie6, then reboot go back and check it again reinstall...may not need the reboot. There is also a text string I would copy and paste into the run box that would repair IE6, i will try to find what i did with it. I might suggest if you are having trouble with ie6, it might be a BHO or virus, trojan.

He can go into C:\WINDOWS\inf right click on ie.inf and click install. This will reinstall/repair IE. He will need an xp disk with sp2 if he already has sp2, just for the ie file in the root of the disk.

Pinkfloyd2005 I guess you are a pink floyd fan I have seen them twicw, once in 1972 and again in 73.

Try this

Repair IE6 from the command line, if it is not listed in add remove programs

For IE 5.x and 6.x, click Start -> Run and type:
rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE5Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

FOR IE6, SUB IE6 FOR IE5

>>>PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO QUOTES AND SPACES, INCLUDE QUOTES <<<<

I HAVE THIS AS A TEXT FILE AND JUST COPY / PASTE INTO RUN,,,TRY THAT FROM HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom