IE6 and Outlook Express close unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmallory

Beta member
Recently IE 6 has dissapreared from my wife's computer. I can re-install it, it works fine for a while, then it disappears again. The files are actually gone.

This has happened for several days now. Then yesterday the same thing happened to Outlook Express. The msisn.exe file disappeared. Nowhere on the computer, not in trqsh can. Had to re-install. Running Norton anti-virus, which reports no viruses found. Win98 O/S, IE 6 with SPs, Outlook Express 6, MS Wrod. She doesn't use any other software Any thoughts?

Jim

:) Hi,

There are millions of reasons or possiblities that the files be gone. Even if you have an antivirus software it is very easy for a virus to infect you computer. Also hackers can delete the files if they wanted.
For a simple check if any background software is running that is suspicious go to
start->run-> type in "regedit"
When regedit opens
go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> windows -> CurrentVersion -> Run
If you find any file to be suspicious delete it.
I highly recommand that if you are not famliar with regedit you shouldn't delete anything though.
Also try checking RunOnce.

-Tom-

If you would download hijackthis , unzip it and do a scan then save the generated log then copy and paste it here i'll more than gladly take a look at it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom