IE Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
Seems like many topics on this page deal with problems with IE. This is about to convince me to switch over to Firefox, but sadly, this problem doesn't concern my personal computer.

With seemingly no triggering event (program installation/removal) to cause this, IE will open up and suddenly close just as a page (any page) loads. So I install, update and run Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. It found a few files and processes, and I quarantined them, but nothing that fixed this IE bug. I then updated and ran Symantec Antivirus in which nothing was found.

Upon further inspection of the quirky IE bug, I came to discover that the IE window will ONLY close when the Mouse cursor comes in contact with the browser window. Wierd. :confused:
Therefore, I can surf the web using keyboard shortcuts.
I can't convince this technologically-'numb' user to surf this way, nor should I have to.

SP2 was not installed previously, so I installed it via CD.
I also clicked around the IE options to make sure no settings were tweaked.

The only possible troubleshooting solution that I haven't tried is re-installing IE. I tend to talk myself into solving a problem, and the more I think about it, the more I think that this will fix the problem. :p

Any ideas about/solutions to this odd glitch?

time to rebuild.
sorry, that's all i got. IE is so tied into windows i would not recomend trying to repair... just reinstall... everything

For EricB, The second sentence of my post.

"This is about to convince me to switch over to Firefox, but sadly, this problem doesn't concern my personal computer."

I may just reformat after all. Thanks, Roshi.

my point was just leave IE alone(you or your friend), and get firefox and you will not have this problem anymore. you can unistall and reinstall (tricky to do) IE and you will still have the same problem. reformatting will fix it, but why do that when you can just get firefox.

I use only one word, because this question is a broken record on this forum (it is by far the most ask question). everybody asking about how to fix an IE problem, and the first person to answer will always tell them to get firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom