IE toast

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
One computer here at work had a booting problem, constant reboots to the safe mode selection screen. No matter what choice you made, it would start to load, then reboot. I went into recovery console and did fixboot. This worked. But now, when you try to get on IE, it opens Windows Movie Maker. I tried going to change what program opens various file types, but IE wasn't listed as a possibility. When I go to the Internet Explorer folder, the .exe isn't there. The only way to get on the internet is to go through control panel, windows updates. I'm going to try going to add/remove windows components and remove/reinstall IE and see if that works. If this is a bad idea, somebody let me know. But for now the computer works fine except IE, so it isn't a critical issue. Well, the users think it is, but I don't.

Click on Start>Run> type IEXPLORE

Does that open it? If so then you could find where iexplore.exe is and link to it.

yeah do a search on iexplorer.exe using the search feature or something like google desktop. are you using IE7?

It's IE 6. I haven't had a chance to get back to that machine, but I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom