IE Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphil60

Beta member
Hello, I recently installed Firefox and "switched over". However, IE still pop ups sometimes. Is there any safe way to remove IE or perhaps use the Windows Firewall to block IE? God I hate Microsoft sometimes. Thanks for your help.

In XP, go to Start | Set Program Access and Defaults, then choose Custom, and under "Choose a default Web browser:" uncheck "Enable access to this program" beside Internet Explorer. Give that a try.

Yeah, Iv'e done that. Firefox is my default browser, but IE still pokes it's head out sometimes and I'm trying to get it to stop. I wish we could unistall altogether but I think other programs rely on IE (tricksy move by Microsoft).:mad:

Some programs apparently go directly to IE for read-mes/updates. Just have your firewall block it and you'll be fine. Curse it for being so integral!

macphil60 said:
Will Security Update 2 Windows Firewall block IE? Yes, Firefox tabs are great!

yeah right. so bill can stop spying on you. I think not. I use zone alarm to control IE, but I don't set it to permantly block it . I set it to ask me to use it. then when I have to go to an IE site, I just click yes (leaving the 'remember this question next time blank'). for some reasons norton won't work right in this configuration ask you would have to click yes about 15 times just to see 1 site

you can unistall IE but I wouln't advise it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom