IE not working with javascript editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
This error happened all of a sudden... When I go to use the FCKEditor, it gives me this error: 'undefined is not an object'

The weird thing is, I haven't changed the FCKEditor script before this error happened and I don't get the error in FireFox... So I'm guessing there is an issue with IE?

Any ideas?

I am using FCKEditor all the time and FireFox doesn't have all the shortcuts IE has and there are a few bugs that interfere with what I do. So please don't suggest I use FireFox as they did in another forum.

I tried installing Avant Browser which uses the IE engine and it also doesn't work...

did you install any of the recent hotfixes? There were some patches to IE that might have effected this. Have you tried to reinstall FCKeditor?

How do I reinstall FCKEditor? It's just javascript you add to a website...

I've jsut noticed I can't even get into Windows Update... it just goes to a blank white screen. it seems all JavaScript is stuffed...

Any ideas?

Actually I find that IE has troubble understanding Java in a lot of cases. IE was designed around ActiveX which is compeitition to Java and therefore really does not understand Java so well. Try Mozilla Seamonkey or Firefox, these two understand Java and ActiveX better then IE does. In fact Seamonkey and Firefox understand Mcirosoft only extension better then Microsoft does.

The thing is, FireFox ect is not compatible with FCK Editor like IE... Anyway, using FCK Editor isn't jsut my major concern anymore... I can't even get into Windows Update which means there is something wrong with the JavaScript...

open IE, Click Tools from the menu, Select Internet Options.
Click the Advanced Tab. Scroll down about half way. Do you see Java (Sun) and Microsoft VM? Which are checked and which are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom