IE not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

climbie

Beta member
I get the infamous 'this page cannot be displayed' everytime I try to use IE....although I can access the internet when I use my 'Windows Update' link in my Control Panel. When I access the internet this way I cannot use any links on the web pages I am viewing. I am not a tech wiz!! I have tried reinstalling IE, with no luck. My OS is Windows XP professional edition and I have IE 6.0 sp1. I have checked out the winsock files and there are no duplicate winsock, winsock32, wsock.vxd or wsock32.vxd files. If anyone can help me with this problem I would appreciate non-tech language if possible, as I am not that fluent in it!!

try going into IE cand going into the internet options in the option there is a internet setup link try running the wizard

I have Spybot and run it regularly so unless there is a better way to check for spyware this doesn't seem to be the problem.

The internet setup link I found was called the New Connection Wizard.....is this the right one?.....it told me I already had a connection so I didn't continue....should I have?

When I ran that it asked for me Windows XP CD rom which I don't have...so it won't let me run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom