IE lags, but games don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaggleboggin

In Runtime
When I go into IE and scroll down web pages, it jumps from one part of the page to the other instead of flowing smoothly. Games, however, work fine without any lag to speak of. Is there a video setting I can tweak to make it so web pages and normal apps don't lag? Thanks.

It's brand new and it started to do that from the beginning of its life. So, no, I haven't tried that yet (I just didn't think that would happen that early).

That's pretty sad. I put up the Windows Firewall as soon as I got online, but I was about to go to sleep so I didn't have time to get AVG and Ad-Aware.

I've never really had the problem as a result of spyware before though, is that a likely cause of the lag?

just a question, but do you use the mouse to scroll? ie, the scroll wheel? if this is the case you might have need to simply reconfigure the way the scrol function works. it's not too hard.
type main.cpl from run and then edit the number of lines it will scroll. if you don't see it in the applet, then you don't have the advanced mouse drivers loaded. so it's very possible that is your problem...
my 2 cents...
Good luck

The scroll mouse thing helped a little (I put it to scroll a full page so its less noticeable), but the issue still exists. I also got FireFox (I used to use Netscape so I might as well give this a try). Another thing is that it happens in other windows too, such as when exploring My Documents and things like that. It also happens when I use the scroll bar on the side, either by dragging, clicking within the gray area, or using the arrows.

Aha! The full page scroll combined with FIreFox has helped tremendously. I'm just sort of surprised that would even occur on a new computer. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom