IE IS the BEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me a toolbar for IE that shows up all by itself without some kind of user interaction.....

Me Me Me I can give an example you go to an everyday site and next time you open IE you have a new tool bar with no interaction on your part. I call it the spyware toolbar.

I was joking but seriously you never were just going to random sites and the next time you load IE a new tool bar apears because IE has crappy ad and spyware protection. Happened to me a few times and happened to my neighbor many times.

Well, the last time I had that happen was when Xp was just XP, no sp1 or sp2. I couldnt tell you the last time I had a toolbar installed without me knowing

I agree I have NO spyware problems using IE6 sp/1 with all updates, XP SP2 with all updates, and javasoft spywareblaster protection. I run a scan every week with spybot and adaware and they always come up clean.

A lot people (as warez mentioned) simply do not look at the things they are downloading thus the toolbars appearing they just click click click. Give me a link to any site that you KNOW I will get infected with and I will tell you if I get hit with it. When I was TRYING to infect a computer (mind you with all updates listed above) to figure out which enterprise spyware solution we will purchase next I COULD NOT get infected as hard as I tried. Active X controls were being blocked left and right. I went the gain publishing website and it would not let any of there appz install and even went to the claria website and could not install any of those either.

The only way to infect it was to disable ALL security settings (accept all cookies, turn off all active X security etc etc).

true and I probably will get cursed for this but perhaps your scans are resulting in nothing because you use spybot adaware which are second rate scanners. MS and Webroot all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom