IE 7 and Media Player Web Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompShack

Baseband Member
Helloooo,

I'm having this problem that I have started to experience after upgrading to IE 7 and Media player 11. I used to be able to stream videos off the net, meaning, i would just click on it, and media player would open, then start buffering and playing. Now, when i click on something, I have to either save it, or open it which in both cases has to download the whole file before playing, so how do i fix this ?

Technically it has to download to a temp foldre anyway... But have you tried looking to see if WMP was the default videoplayer for those file types?

Tools > Options > File Typs tab > check to see if the media files you want WMP to open are checked.

I just posted the same basic question in a different section (internet questions). I have the same problem. When I click any kind of audio link, IE 7 tells me that it cannot display that page. The only way to listen to the audio is by right clicking the link and saving it to my computer. Then I have to open it from my computer. It sounds like this might be an IE 7 thing. Can anything be done about it?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom