IE 7 and Media Player Web Streaming - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Question IE 7 and Media Player Web Streaming

I'm having this problem that I have started to experience after upgrading to IE 7 and Media player 11. I used to be able to stream videos off the net, meaning, i would just click on it, and media player would open, then start buffering and playing. Now, when i click on something, I have to either save it, or open it which in both cases has to download the whole file before playing, so how do i fix this ?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: IE 7 and Media Player Web Streaming

Technically it has to download to a temp foldre anyway... But have you tried looking to see if WMP was the default videoplayer for those file types?

Tools > Options > File Typs tab > check to see if the media files you want WMP to open are checked.

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: IE 7 and Media Player Web Streaming

I just posted the same basic question in a different section (internet questions). I have the same problem. When I click any kind of audio link, IE 7 tells me that it cannot display that page. The only way to listen to the audio is by right clicking the link and saving it to my computer. Then I have to open it from my computer. It sounds like this might be an IE 7 thing. Can anything be done about it?

Closed Thread