IE 11 stopped woking

mccarron

Solid State Member
On my 64 bit windows 7 computer IE 11 keeps saying it stopped working when I start it up. It tries to find a solution but then give me a screen that has no solution but some options. It says I can go to my homepage and if I click it I get the home page but if I try to go anywhere from it, it tells me again that IE has stopped working again and it starts all over again. I have tried running it without add-ons and I have gone into internet options and reset the software and deleted all the personal settings, but I still get this stopped working message.

Any ideas where to proceed from here other than just making chrome or firefox my default browser.

Thanks

Best solution: stop using IE. I'm sure it's been suggested many times but for good reason.

Anyway, the problem you're experiencing seems to go further than a simple cache and settings reset. IE is very heavily integrated with Windows itself which makes it tough to repair. Start by downloading a fresh version and re-install it. From my experience this works about 50% of the time. If this still doesn't fix it, grab a Windows 7 installation disk and try an "automatic repair" of Windows.

Before doing the repair install, I'd suggest trying to create a new user profile as well. I've seen IE do funny things on a corrupted user profile.

If IE works fine on the new profile, then move all of your personal data over to the new profile and delete your old user profile.

Back
Top Bottom