Identifying a Windowsless process stealing focus from firefox and other apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I'm running Windows XP Profesional SP3 via Bootcamp on an early '08 model Macbook.
2.2GHz T7500 Merom
1GB RAM

OS and all drivers and apps fully updated
Additional software and drivers include:
InputRemapper (necessary to screenshot without a PrtScrn key)
bLend (window transparency settings)
WinBar
ZoneAlarm
Avast! AV
Logitech SetPoint
RocketDock
Acronis TIH
Hoversnap

I have another laptop that does not exhibit these problems, but it is running all the same software except for apple-specific drivers and IR, since it's not an Apple.

Occasionally while I am typing, something will steal the focus from the active Window, and will start beeping at me with each keystroke. It does this maybe twice an hour, and it gets really annoying having to go back and click on the Window I want focus on before resuming typing wherever it broke me off. It does this I know to notepad, programmer's notepad, MS Word 03, Firefox, and I expect anything really. Whatever process is taking the focus has no visible Window, so I can't identify and fix it. I suspect it may be the keyboard driver and I may just be out of luck, but I'd rather believe there should be a way to fix it.

Is there any tool available that will identify what process is in active focus, or any other way to determine this?

Yes, I have checked the registry settings for locking out focus shifts, and it has no effect.

EDIT: I should note, I believe InputRemapper wasn't installed until long after I started having this issue, so it's really only the core apple drivers that are different from the other machines that never have this problem.

I have procxp... doesn't do a thing as far as identifying such things. Most you can do is drag-drop onto an active window to ID the process, but since there's no window for the process stealing focus, it won't do it.

try to deactivate Setpoint.
I had the same problem on a regular windows PC.
It seems to be solved now.
please tell me if it works on your side too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom