Icons won't click

Binary Ranger

Banned
A friend of mine mentioned their computer is having problems. They are using windows on a laptop from what I understand.

Apparently they can't double click on any of their internet browsers icons to open it. They can right click and open the menu, and THEN open it. But the double click feature won't work on Mozilla or IE.

What could the problem be? I advised them to try a different browser, but they won't hear of it. (I don't blame them)

I also advised them to update Mozilla and that still didn't work.

What could the problem be, and how is it fixed?

A friend of mine mentioned their computer is having problems. They are using windows on a laptop from what I understand.

Apparently they can't double click on any of their internet browsers icons to open it. They can right click and open the menu, and THEN open it. But the double click feature won't work on Mozilla or IE.

What could the problem be? I advised them to try a different browser, but they won't hear of it. (I don't blame them)

I also advised them to update Mozilla and that still didn't work.

What could the problem be, and how is it fixed?

When you're in windows, hold down the power button for 10-seconds. It will power the computer off. Afterward, power it on and you will be prompted "windows did not shut down normally." Choose Safe mode with networking."

See if he/she can click on the icons then. If they can, open up Command prompt and type in SFC /Scannow or perform a windows recovery in safemode.

When you're in windows, hold down the power button for 10-seconds. It will power the computer off. Afterward, power it on and you will be prompted "windows did not shut down normally." Choose Safe mode with networking."

See if he/she can click on the icons then. If they can, open up Command prompt and type in SFC /Scannow or perform a windows recovery in safemode.

That's a horrible way to get into Safe Mode...

Do as joelm said to get to Safe Mode the proper way..

Just a restart might just fix the problem. If the above steps doesn't work, do a system restore to a point when it was working properly.

Back
Top Bottom