Icons small with no text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outsider1120

In Runtime
Is there a way i can make the icons have no text on my desktop i got them to be 16x16 but the text is annoying i know what the icons mean

mmmmmmm.......ok..

Make sure NumLock is on

Highlight the Icon you want to change

Right-Mouse click and select Rename

While holding down the Alt key, type 0160

Now the icon will have no name below it.

What do you think?

Follow directions detailed above
With the second icon simply add one space-bar character AFTER the 0160 number.
Each successive icon gets an additional space-bar character at the end (to prevent a duplicate naming error).

Icons with no nameA brilliant new tweak, found by undefined, and I'm just gonna repeat his words here. How to get icons with no title on your desktop, this time for real!
Yes, old tricks are using spaces, key combinations like ALT+0160 or ALT+255 (or, for font you're using, looking with the Windows character map for the "empty space" character). Effective, you don't see the titles, but when they get focus, a small box, dotted lines, different color still shows up. Tiny, still annoying.

On the dots, btw, in 2k and XP you can make them go away (as noted by binary). Rightclick your desktop, properties, in 2k choose effects tab, in XP appearance tab, effects button. Check "hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation untill I press the alt key".
Undefined on what he found: "Since Windows hides the extensions LNK, URL, and PIF by default, if the filename is removed, the file is unnamed. But there are some limitations: only one unnamed file with a certain extension is allowed per folder, and only the three mentioned extensions create completely hidden filenames."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom