icons not showing up in taskbar..

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrophyte

Baseband Member
since some 1-2 months my taskbar acts a bit strangely when booting up. first i thought it was due to the installation of catalyst 9.12, but after uninstalling it (also cleaning using DH driver cleaner) and booting and reinstalling it, and also after a clean installation of 9.13 the problem persists.

when i boot up, first my desktop with all the icons and the start- & taskbar (language icon & clock) appear normally, then the complete taskbar (including start button etc.) disappear, and after some 30sec-1min reappear again and then my av icon, LAN & WLAN icons appear.

BUT some other icons that actually also should be active (like ATI, volume etc.) dont appear. i have to restart runtime for ati to make the ati icon appear and go to control panel>sounds & audio devices and uncheck place volume icon in the taskbar > apply, then check it again > apply, and then it appears in the taskbar.

all icons are set to hide when inactive in the taskbar options, but setting the ones that should appear to always show also doesnt make them appear after start-up.

any ideas what i should do?

thanks

hp 8510p notebook
winxp pro sp3
everything works well, virus/malwarefree

Right click your Taskbar and at the bottom click Customize. You'll have a list of your current items and past items. Then you have options to choose under Behavior. Then select always show for the ones you want to be shown.

as i already said..
but setting the ones that should appear to always show also doesnt make them appear after start-up

also, the problem isnt that they get hidden behind that < arrow and can be unhidden by clicking on that arrow left of the taskbar, but they dont appear at all, neither shown, nor hidden in the taskbar, although set to be shown in ccc, control panel (volume) etc.

thank you, im using automatic login. logging out and logging back in solved the problem. now i have to see what i can do to prevent this from happening when booting the system again, since i dont wanna turn off automatic login.

maybe someone could find out when seeing what icons actually appear in the taskbar (when everythings ok and they all appear, like now after logging off and on again):

wlan (appears always correctly)
lan (appears always correctly)
antivirus icon (appears always correctly)

icons usually NOT appearing although set to show in the taskbar:

razer
volume
hp 3d drive guard
windows defender
ATI

so i suppose one of those 5 should be the one preventing itself and the others from appearing, am i correct?

any ideas which one it could be?

btw. after logging in again after logoff, ati reported an error. when opening ccc, the ati icon apeared in the taskbar. so yould it indeed be ati/ccc?
ill try turning ati system tray icon off and restarting, maybe then all others appear, that would be a solution if ati is the problem.

thanks

under startup these of those 5 are listed:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide (but it appears in the taskbar, probably because it tells me that i dindt run a full scan for a while - theres this exclamation mark)
C:\Program Files\Razer\Habu\razerhid.exe
"C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun

under services, Windows Audio is listed - i think that should be the volume control
i cannot recognize hp 3d drive guard, but i think that is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom