icons missing from taskbar in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryc86

In Runtime
On my taskbar I have the Start button and to the right where all my notification icons usually are (volume, internet connectivity, etc.) there is nothing. Only the clock is still showing on the right hand side. nothing else.

Not sure what to do. For example, for volume I went into the control panel. Clicked on sounds, speech and audio devices. Clicked on sounds and audio devices. And clicked on "place volume icon in the taskbar." But that's not there or anything else except the clock. The volume and internet and everything else works fine, but the icons are not there so when I want to do something with them I need to go into the computer to find the application and open it from there. Very annoying...

Windowsl XP can hide any notification icons on the taskbar. Do you see a little round, arrow looking icon that expands and shows the missing icons?

I have Vista but it looks similar in XP, you can right-click the taskbar and select Properties; from there you can see what the status is of the Volume, Clock, etc.

taskbarproperties.jpg

Windowsl XP can hide any notification icons on the taskbar. Do you see a little round, arrow looking icon that expands and shows the missing icons?

Yes that arrow used to be there but its not anymore.

I have Vista but it looks similar in XP, you can right-click the taskbar and select Properties; from there you can see what the status is of the Volume, Clock, etc.

taskbarproperties.jpg

I don't see anything like that:

properties.jpg

And for what its worth, here's the taskbar. You can see there's nothing in the bottom corner except for the clock. There used to be a whole bunch of icons, most of which were hidden but could be expanded to find.

taskbar.jpg

Have you restarted? Have you rebuilt your Icon Cache with the TweakUI Powertoy?

ah thank you! I totally forgot I had done something in tweakui. I was trying to find a way to disable the constant various popups from the taskbar. I must have clicked to hide the icons entirely. I restarted and its fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom