Icon Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakstip

Beta member
My cousin downloaded and installed a game onto my computer. After he left I uninstalled it thru add/remove programs. Now the Icon for it is still on my start/programs/games menu and I cannot remove it. It really is'nt an icon, it looks the an icon for when you don't have the right program to run it. Anyway, right clicking or going into any of the menu folders does'nt help me remove it. I keep getting "Cannot delete file: Cannot fing source file or disk" message. It is a 0kb file. Is there anyway to remove it? No, I do'nt know we my cousin got the program from, so I cannot reinstall it and try to get rid of it that way. My OS is Win XP Pro.

Can you go in safe mode and try to delete the file? Hit F8 while windows starting and ittl give you the option for safemode.

You can delete in from your start menu settings, it all depends of you have the xp settings or the classic windows settings

you can also open up the Registry Editor and check if you have any keys about the program. if it's the case delete them' all

Sorry cannot get to safe mode. Cannot delete it from start menu settings either. No keys for this program anywhere in the registry. None that I can find anyway. Lok for an hour.

another way to go into safe mode :

Click Start -> Run ->msconfig ->boot.ini -> click to select the /SAFEBOOT option and then click OK.
Click on Restart when you are prompted to do so.
The computer will reboot in Safe Mode.
then delete your file.
restarting your computer in normal mode you have just to uncheck the box /SAFEBOOT.

hope that will help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom