icon issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Could someone please help me with two issues. When I place a shortcut icon on my desktop, two things some times happens. The first one is, for an example, I place an icon of espn on my desktop, it uses an E as the icon. It will show up on my desktop for about a few days, logging on and off in between, but after that time the icon will appear as if it is the IE icon, as in "e". What can I do to prevent this from happening?

My second issue is when I place a shortcut icon on my desktop it will only open up as a window which is the size of 1/3 of a maximized window, what can I do to open it a maximized window all the time. I've tried maximizing the window then closing out using the close option (x) at the top right hand corner of the window, then opening it again resulting in my original issue.

It sounds like the shortcut is using an icon from the internet, when it can't connect and download it, it defaults to the IE icon. To fix this, save the icon on your hard drive and point the shortcut to it. Right click on the shortcut you created and choose "properties", under the "shortcut" tab you should see a button labeled "change icon". Click this and browse to the location you saved the icon at. While you're in the shortcut properties, you shoud see an option just above "change icon" labeled "run" - select "maximized" and it should solve your second problem!! Good luck

saving Icons

I should say how do I save a pre-established icon to my hard drive? As an example: the E for Espn, which is created when you set up a short cut icon on a desk top.

well what is Espn exactly? and is it located on the internet
if it is located on the internet then find its icon wherever it is then save it, right click then save/save as - or download it

change the icon for the shortcut by right clicking, then properties... you will know how from there as long as you know where it is in the directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom