I want to configure my computer not to go to sleep when downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I am using jdownloader to get a bunch of files from megaupload in a row without having to physically type in the text, but my computer goes to sleep, screws up the download, and I have to redownload that file. I know I can make it so my computer never goes to sleep, but I don't want that. How do I set it up this way?

You can change when the computer sleeps (from between 1 minute and 5 hours) by going to the power options and changing 'Put the computer to sleep:' same as you would on a laptop.
If you're on Win7 then typing 'sleep' into the start menu, gives you the right link.

Alternatively, switch to Internet Download Manager. It's basically the same thing with a flash downloader and browser integration included.

You cant. When it comes to having your PC download something while your away either you configure the downloader to pause when your screen saver comes on or to have your PC not go to sleep. The reason is very simple. The downloads must access the hard drive. In order to save them. This can only be done when the PC is not in sleep mode or hibernate. Which is exactly why that part gets corrupted cause the hard drives spin down and nothing gets saved to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom