I think it's completely gone now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcrusher

Beta member
Well, earlier today I downloaded an Xvid Encoder. It contained three .exe's, and I had to install one of them in my C:\Documents and Settings\joel folder. I thought it would just throw in some files. Instead, it replaced the whole folder. Everything was gone. My desktop shortcuts, favorites, music, downloads... over 20 gigs. All gone. Now I'm not too worried about the favorites, mostly about the music I had in there. Also now my main problem is the Quick Launch. I can't get it working. I have no idea what the file path is, and when trying to enable it from the taskbar, nothing happens. I click "Enable Quick Launch", click apply and then OK, yet after I do the same thing again the box is unchecked. Also if I try to install programs with Quick Launch and check the box saying "install Quick Launch icon", it still doesn't work. I'm really miserable. What to do to get it back? Also, is there ANY WAY to receive the replaced files once again? I've been trying to solve the problem for three hours now. Please - this is just horrible.

well have u tried doing a search for a file you know was in the folder? maybe ur file system go rewritten a little bit, my file system is all messed up atm. If the search doesn't find it, it may be gone, you might be able to look for an undelete program on google. Wen a file gets deleted, only the first few bits of code are erased, the rest of them stay there to be written over, so those undelete programs look for those large chunks of code, and attempt to rewrite the beginning part. best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom