I Think I'm Stuck in Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley4151989

Beta member
My computer seems to be stuck in some form of safe mode. Things like networking and hardware options can not be used. The system is stuck in the Windows Classic Style and some drives are not detected. Is there anyway to fix this without using the Windows Restore Discs, because I lost them. When I go to use the restore process in msconfig there is no dates, an other sign I am in safe mode.

what system are u using? and to try to answer ur question...try restarting and at the hp/emachines/gateway or whatever type of system ur using press f8 at the beginning of the restart and i think thats it.... IM NOT POSITIVE but i think thats how u do it post back if u need more help

Windows XP Pro NO SP2,

Ive tired the F8 multiple times and it still comes up in a Semi safe mode. When I try to start-up in THE REAL safe mode it wont work.

Does it display any errors? Sometimes if drivers/configurations are ****ed up, it will boot you straight into safe mode, and there's rarely anything you can do about it... depends on the situation.

Other reasons it'd take you to safemode are usually because of a pevious bolloxed boot, or if you ask it to... or of course if a major file is corrupt.

Re:

Hello,

If you are in safe mode then you should see your desktop labelled with your OS version and system state.

If you can't then you're in normal operating mode. You probably need to re-installed th drivers for your devices etc. Has your machine been installed fresh? Or was it working normally before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom