I saw the Future and its AWESOME! (2019 a microsoft vision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is within the relm of reason. But would people want to carry around the device to read the newspaper? With having to store it themselves and be responsible for not breakign it?

That is the real question.

I think that they were just being "kind" to include a little "piece of mind" that YES, in fact there will be newspapers out there still in 10 years... dont worry Clark Kent, you'll still have a job.

Honestly though, I know it's a little off topic (sort of) but, the whole newspaper thing. I encourage reading, i really do. Newspapers are:

1) dirty
2) end up as trash
3) wasting resources at a larger rate than most of the other sources of information

I read all the time. I read every post that is made and i read the News online. No waste. ;)

I read every post that is made

Larry is going to send you a gift basket full of sausages and fake cheese :)

NON-POST CRAPPING EDIT: Yes, I agree. I read online too. Books or long stories are a little different for me though, need a physical entity

:laughing:

The only physical thing i read is the MSDN Magazine.

Newspapers are:

1) dirty
2) end up as trash
3) wasting resources at a larger rate than most of the other sources of information

given the above, that aspect of this whole Microsoft brand future, it might help our "going green."

the wireless touch-screen newspaper would definitely help keep that nasty ink off of your fingers, arms, and coffee table. but i don't know how well the electronic newspaper will work for cleaning off mirrors. :D

somewhat related side note: i really don't like wireless and/or touch-screen things. wireless things are easy to loose (for me anyway :/) and touch-screens just frustrate me.

the touch-screen frustration comes from working at a restaurant for the last year or so (but i was laid off recently) and having to learn and then somehow understand a POS system. i never understood why people called it a Piece Of S*** system, until i worked with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom