I need some serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

That situation is only applied when running RAM in Dual Channel Mode. Since he is running 2 sticks of 2GB each i would not worry if they are in Dual Channel Mode considering he has to take 1 out for the PC to work. Which would in effect disable Dual Channel Mode anyways.

So to squash any possiblity of what it could be it can not be where the RAM is placed. Cause it does not apply to this situation. As stated by post #5.

I do have 4 gb ram but system wont start when I have 2x 2 gb suddenly after the crash sorry if you misunderstood me

but right know in order to be able to use my pc I only have 1 2 gb stick.

I hope that better helps to understand the issue and why i suggested what i have.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks for the response

by cmos utility what exactly do you mean ? is it some kind of program or its in bios ?

You enter the CMOS utility screen by holding down the DELETE button when you first turn the computer on. Keep tapping until you see the CMOS utility screen. The actual button to do the trick might be F1, F2...it depends on the computer. Usually when in doubt, hit the DELETE button - don't worry, you won't delete anything during the boot process hitting that button. Whichever works for your machine, you'll know it when you see the CMOS screen. There are instructions there to move around the utility.

What it is, is the program that changes your BIOS (Basic Input Output System). You should see a setting for Memory in the Advanced Settings screen (I think that's the screen). Remember this ! about navigating the CMOS.

1. Don't make a bunch of changes (make as few as possible, in this case only if you need it for configuring your RAM !), the reason is if you want to make changes before saving and exiting, you will have to try to figure out what you changed and want changed back.

2. When you Exit the CMOS utility screen, it will prompt you to save changes (Y/N?) before exiting. ONLY hit Enter for "Y" if you want to keep the changes. Otherwise, hit "N".

3. It doesn't hurt to look around in the CMOS setup, just be careful not to root around too much with changes until you know more about configuring preferences and settings !

Good luck !

-oldskool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom