I need some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i took out the vid card and 1 of the memory sticks still
crashes, it crashes whenever i open somethin big like world of warcraft limewire and for some odd reason the red shield

Did you reseat the memory cards?

There might be driver conflicts. Would it be to much of a hassle to reload XP?

I hate all P2P but if you had to use it I would recommend Shareaza not Limeware. I'd also recommend reformating if it is giving you this much trouble. Do you know what your drivers are so you can easilly re install them?

yes it would be to much of a hassle to reinstall xp, and tyler its not just limewire its actual games aswell such as World of Warcraft now. And if you can explain how to reset my memory i'll do it. All I did was remove it and left 1...

sorry for takin so long to reply i had trouble puttin my video card back in heh

once again thanks for all your help greatly apperciated

I fell asleep last night I was wonderin if theres anyone else out that can help me please :)

Okay are you sure your memory is not dual channel. What i mean by that is that it might have to be installed in pairs so taking out 1 and leaving 1 would cause a conflict. That is one thing i can think of. Maybe remove all your video drivers and reinstall them from scratch. That may help. But if all games are crashing then it has to be something more than a driver. Check your memory and make sure it isnt a pair style RAM. first then try the drivers.

I tried it install Luigi's RAM dual channel like it said in the book. But when I installed both into Channel A the computer would get a memory error. So I installed one into Channel A's first slot and one into Channel B's first slot then the computer booted.

I know unless it is Rambus that the slot orientation is slot 1 + 3 and slot 2 + 4. So that wouldbe why you were able to make it boot in that configuration. Rambus is just simple orientation with slot 1+2 and slot 3+4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom