I need some help after reformating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
ok, so i reformated my computer this morning due to a few issues. Anyways after reformating, which went fine, i started to update windows. I got to Service Pack 2 and the download went fine, but When it tries to install itself i keep getting an error message....

Copy error
Setup cannot copy the file apps_sp.chm
Ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it and insert "Windows XP service pack 2 Source file" in the drive you specifiy.

C:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\16b2c96a0c41f4dfdb4d3cc228a4f819

I do not know what to do, i can hit retry all I want, but if i hit cancel it freezes up the computer and even if i reboot XP will freeze. I've reformated two time now and i've ran into the same problem. Can anyone help? oh and the file is there, i checked

I didnt' use automatic update, i was using the update feature on IE that took me to the update website. You think i should try the download on your link?

Oh and from the way i'm reading the error, which may be totally wrong, is it telling me i cuold rename the folder it's in, or create a new one and add the file there?

using IE to update is basicly the same thing as automatic updates. download the exe and install it like that and if that doesnt work then try some of these other suggestions.

this situation sucks. I'm giong to try to download it from the softpedia site and we'll see what happens. Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave some input. It finally installed after I downloaded from the site softpedia. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom