I need to partition a vista disc. What should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
this guy has a huge hdd and vista and programs are on one partition.

I want vista to take up maybe 80 gigs and the rest of the drive be partitoned for documents

I kinda remember you guys saying partition magic don't work for vista. what should I use?

GParted is a great utility. However it doesn't run in Windows. You can boot from it and partition from there.

For a Vista tool try Partition Logic. Basic GUI and simple partition creation. I had to disable UAC on a few clients computers to get Partition Logic to run properly.

I can use anything before I install vista but I'm trying to keep the existing data on it now. I want to resize my existing partiton. why these do that?

GParted will be just fine. I have used it to shrink partitions before and to merge them as well. No data was lost. I have also used it to move a Recovery Partition from the beginning of a drive to the end of a drive and it is still fully functional.

For which part. the moving of the recovery partition? Basically it was all just a matter of clicking and that. GParted is a simple tool to use. It is far simpler than ERD, BartPE or any of those. So you should be able to figure it out without much difficulty.

It should be a LiveCD. Just boot from it after you burn the ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom