i need help plz,thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaCurse123

Beta member
ok heres my problem,i use nero for my dvd burning software,and i have a video that is in WMV format,so i can burn it with this program,and sumone said i had to convert it to vob,but i dont know how to do this,so i converted it to mpeg and nero still doesnt suport it,so how would i go about burning this to a dvd,either a new program or a converter thatll convert it to a type that nero will understand
thanx

you can try roxio easy cd/dvd creator or something as simple as dvd santa.. most dvds are encoded into a mpeg3 or 4 and vcd and svcd are just straight mpeg.. if your dvd player supports svcd just burn it as that in nero and save yourself a cd... nero will not burn a dvd unless it is in the correct format... that could be your error...

Xlilisoft's video converter "will convert mpeg to vob..."

than heres how to use nero to burn the vob files....

1. Getting the settings profile:

Rather than going through all the settings in Nero Burning ROM I've set-up a profile which contains all the correct settings. You can download the profiles below. Please note that Nero v6.0.0.19 (and newer versions) requires a different profile to make perfect DVD-Video discs:

Profile for Nero 5.5 and 6 (if you need the profile .nrcs) i have um
Profile for Nero 6.0.0.19 to 6.0.0.23 Contact me to get um.. contact info at bottom of page...

Please also note that both profiles work with both DVD-R(W) and DVD+R(W) media (depending on what your burner supports and which media your player can play).

When Nero v6.0.0.19 or later gives you the warning: "You have added DVD-Video content to a compilation that will not result in a DVD-Video compliant disc" you can ignore it. The Profile should work. If it doesn't try using the default DVD-Video Profile. Nero v6.0.0.28 doesn't seem to work with my Profiles. You need to use the default DVD-Video Profile in this Nero version!

2. Starting Nero Burning ROM:

When you've downloaded the profile you will have a file called "BLANK DVD NERO.nrc" on your hard disk. If you have installed Nero you should be able to just open this file by double clicking on it. Nero should automatically start. If not start Nero manually and if needed close the Wizard. Then go to "File, Open" and select the "BLANK DVD NERO.nrc" file. When the file has been loaded you will see the following confirmation message:

3. Setting up the compilation:

After pressing OK you will see the normal compilation window in Nero. You should see two screens, the Compilation window (entitled BLANK DVD NERO.nrc) and the File Browser window. If the File Browser window is not there go to "View, New File Browser." Your screen should look something like this. Notice that in my case the Compilation window is on the left and the File Browser window is on the right:

Most of you will know how to set-up the compilation but I'll mention it anyway. The Compilation window is where the files should be placed that you want to burn to the DVDR disc. The File Browser window displays the files on your computer. For this tutorial I presume that you have already prepared the DVD you want to copy and thus all we have to do now is drag and drop the prepared VOB files to our compilation window. First, in the Compilation window, double click on the "VIDEO_TS" folder. This is where the movie files should go, the "AUDIO_TS" folder is left empty but it needs to be on the DVD because of playability reasons. Then use the File Browser window to select the directory where your DVD files are stored and then drag them to the VIDEO_TS folder in the compilation window:

4. Renaming the compilation:

Your DVD disc should of course have a name. Click on the title bar of the Compilation window so that it's selected (the title bar is the bar that has the "BLANK DVD NERO.nrc" text on it, when it's selected it will turn blue). Now press the F2 button on your keyboard so you can enter a name. For playability reasons the title of the DVD should be entered in CAPS and without spaces, like so:

5. Burning the compilation:

Now all we have to do is burn the compilation. There is no need to check any settings since there all set via the profile. Just press the burn icon () in the Nero taskbar or choose "File, Write CD" in the Nero taskbar so that you get the burn window:

You can choose your preferred write speed here depending on which speeds your writer supports and which speeds your DVD media supports. All you have to do now is press the "Write" button and depending on which recording speed you selected your DVD will be done in around 15 to 25 minutes.

Contact Aim: crazyd9483

I dont think you can get a trial copy of Roxio. You gotta buy it first unless you get it off kazaa or any p2p program..Nero gives you a trial thou....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom