I Need Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUCEG

Baseband Member
OK guys i really dont know ANYTHING about somputers so plz try to tell me whats wrong with mine....ok i was going to re install windows XP home edition on my computer...so i did what my friend sed and i put in the first boot disc and restated my computer....so i did all 6 boot discs and put in the windows xp cd and when i did that i started to download it back in...well it got to 100% and then an error came up saying this:

The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupted or missing:
Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDiskFiles] with key"SP1.Cab."
Stetup cannot continue. To quit setup press F3.

"Diskmaster Flex..."

I think it means that the .SIF file it was trying to extract was of lesser value than the one that was allready in the HD.

You should try to completeley reformat the drive before trying to install the OS again. The way you do that is to get one of your boot disks, and get into the command prompt that looks like this:

A:\> -or something:confused:

Then type: format: C:, and press ENTER.
Get through that, and you'll have a completeley empty disk. Then you can try it again.;)

-Keep us updated on what's goin' on. :cool:

ok man all that u just sed COMPLETELY CONFUSED ME....sorry i just reall know nothing about these things so.....

This is the 3rd posting of this problem this guy has made. I think we need an admin in here... :mad:

Post once. Not multiple times. This ain't a chat room. Post your problem, ONCE, and wait for responses. Since this is a forum (and a technical forum at that) there aren't many issues that get immediate responses. You just have to be patient and stop blitzing the forum with posts in a frantic haze to get someone to notice you.

Cross-posting is against the forum rules anyway.

"Certefied geek-nerds..."

ShoobieRat said:
Post once. Not multiple times. This ain't a chat room. Post your problem, ONCE, and wait for responses. Since this is a forum (and a technical forum at that) there aren't many issues that get immediate responses. You just have to be patient and stop blitzing the forum with posts in a frantic haze to get someone to notice you.

Cross-posting is against the forum rules anyway.
^NERD:nerd::nerd::nerd:^ (Just kidding!:p ) -LOL

Are there any options in the XP install disk that say anything about "Boot command prompt" or something? You might have to reformat the HD again. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom