i need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
i need help please. I have to write up a 200 word essay on the 5 different layers of a computer. I have tried all search engines and cant seem to get what they want. They say the 5 layers are Kernel,memory management,input/ouput,file management and user interface. I dont see any search engine listing them in that way and its about windows. I have also to investigate single and multi user OS
thank you in advance

So why not go to Wikipedia and get this information? Why not research each on individually? You will never get multiple sources agreeing on what the 5 layers are. Heck we can barely agree on what RAM truly means.

Plus this is not a common term. 5 layers is not something used by IT or anyone else in the field. What you described is basically how a OS works. From the kernel to the GUI. It can be 5 layers or you can extend it to more.

As for the single user vs. multi user, what do you have to investigate? Simple answer. Single User only has 1 User. Multi Users does not. Both can be secure or insecure depending on if you do it right.

Cant help when the question is so vague. Plus we will only help guide you to answers. We will NOT flat out give them to you. This is for school and as such School is for learning. Getting the answer handed to you does not help you learn. It even states as much in our rules.

i will do them individually mate but the teacher put that up on the board and said these are the 5 layers investigate them. And also single user and multi user. It was that vague to us all she then said go home and do it and left the class.

Well sadly your teacher is going by what ever book she has assigned to the class. Cause this 5 layers thing is bogus. You can have so much more and the 5 layers listed are infact 6.

Input is separate than output. There are input only devices such as keyboards, mice and so on. There are output only devices. Printers is a example of that. So to lump them together is dumb. Cause you need the IRQ and I/O for them. Both of which play a critical part to the operation.

As for the multiple user vs. single user. Just be vague. Cause anyone can do it. It is really simple via the Control Panel. Since she didnt give a definite thing wanted, be as vague as she was.

i found a site that bill had posted operating systems and all the answers i needed were there for the life of me i cant find it again mate.

I was taught that there are seven layers, so there. :p

Just pull up the five the teacher gave you and write a paragraph on each one. You will have 200+ words rather quickly. That's how I did it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom