I Need HelP!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajv630

Beta member
When ever i try to play a game such as COunter-Strike or Battlefield 1942 my whole computer freezes up! What is wrong????

I have a Radeon 9600 XT Video Card
And my Operating System is Windows XP
And I have an AMD Athlon Processor

get the latest 4in1 driver for the MBD chipset (probably VIA, as I see this alot with it and the Radeon series).

Your video card might make your system get to hot and then it freaks out, or maybe you need to get the updated catalyst drivers. It could be something with your RAM conflicting with the system settings, because I had a friend that has 256mb of RAM and he has to take out 128 of it to use Adobe Photoshop, because when it is in it freezes. Have you added any RAM recently??? It could possibly be something with your OpenGL support.

Happened with my radeon. Computer would restart every time I tryed to do something bsides normal desktop applications... get the catalyst drives from ati.com

I would still do the 4in1 chipset (assuming its a VIA because its a known problem). This updates the miniport AGP drivers. Have seen this issue with BF1942 and cleared it right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom