I need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl4ppinb4ss3r

Solid State Member
hey everyone, i just finished building my pc yesterday! and i was surprised it booted up the first shot! first pc build ever! anyways, i boot it and all, and yeah this is the first time im doing this, so it asks for a boot disk. So i presumed that it was the cd my mobo came with. so i popped that in.

theres 3 options, like raid drivers,freedos, and someother thing, i tried em all, and they all say to put in a floppy disk, and i never got a floppy disk of anysort. SO i dont know what to do now. (gotta say i didnt buy a floppy drive either hah hoping i didnt have to).

What am i supposed to do? i can go into the BIOS settings, and stuff. but im so lost.. i just want to install windows! :mad:

Put your Windows CD in your computer and when you restart it will say "press any key to boot from CD" press the any key (space bar) and the install program will start. jsut follow the onscreen directions to partition and format your hard drive, then it will restart and you can install the OS. Good Luck.

yea! it didnt work! : ( , it just didnt say the press any key to boot. im still getting the black screen with my specs, well not really, it says my HDD, cd drive, memory and stuff, and its still got press DEL to go into setup (bios) and F1 to continue. still wont work if i press F1 and pop in the windows cd. i thought of this now, would i have to go into bios and set the boot priorities to like cd drive first? i think its set at floppy, and seeing as how i dont have a floppy, i could set it to disabled?

EDIT: i guess i should mention what mobo i got.. its the
Asus M2N-E

still not working! i managed to put my cd drive on master ide and not slave so thats a good thing ithink, i set priority to the cd drive, then hdd and disabled the other things, and my windows cd still wont boot. i dont know what else to do..

the disk that came with your mobo is NOT an OS disk.
you need to get a valid OS disk, that is all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom