I need help!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default I need help!!!

hey everyone, i just finished building my pc yesterday! and i was surprised it booted up the first shot! first pc build ever! anyways, i boot it and all, and yeah this is the first time im doing this, so it asks for a boot disk. So i presumed that it was the cd my mobo came with. so i popped that in.

theres 3 options, like raid drivers,freedos, and someother thing, i tried em all, and they all say to put in a floppy disk, and i never got a floppy disk of anysort. SO i dont know what to do now. (gotta say i didnt buy a floppy drive either hah hoping i didnt have to).

What am i supposed to do? i can go into the BIOS settings, and stuff. but im so lost.. i just want to install windows!

Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbaddog

Put your Windows CD in your computer and when you restart it will say "press any key to boot from CD" press the any key (space bar) and the install program will start. jsut follow the onscreen directions to partition and format your hard drive, then it will restart and you can install the OS. Good Luck.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

okay ill give it a shot!
thanks man!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea! it didnt work! : ( , it just didnt say the press any key to boot. im still getting the black screen with my specs, well not really, it says my HDD, cd drive, memory and stuff, and its still got press DEL to go into setup (bios) and F1 to continue. still wont work if i press F1 and pop in the windows cd. i thought of this now, would i have to go into bios and set the boot priorities to like cd drive first? i think its set at floppy, and seeing as how i dont have a floppy, i could set it to disabled?

EDIT: i guess i should mention what mobo i got.. its the
Asus M2N-E
Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

still not working! i managed to put my cd drive on master ide and not slave so thats a good thing ithink, i set priority to the cd drive, then hdd and disabled the other things, and my windows cd still wont boot. i dont know what else to do..
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

the disk that came with your mobo is NOT an OS disk.
you need to get a valid OS disk, that is all...

Case:NZXT Trinity Silver PSU:Apevia Aspire 500W UV Green Motherboard:Asus A8N-SLI CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU Cooler:Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Video:2x eVga nVidia GeForce 6800XT (256MB DDR) RAM:2Gig (4x512 Corsair TwinX dual channel) HDD:160Gig Seagate Barracuda SATA, 200Gig Maxtor SATA III CD/DVD:LG DVD ROM, NEC 16XDVD+-RW
(\__/) This is Bunny. Put him in your
(='.'=) signature and help him on his way
(")_(") to world domination
Closed Thread